SBP solbec pharmaceuticals limited

preliminary phase i/iia trial results

1. 19,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    SOLBEC PRELIMINARY PHASE I/IIA TRIAL RESULTS

Perth, Australia. 29 March 2005. Solbec Pharmaceuticals Ltd (ASX:SBP) announced today
    the preliminary results of its phase I/IIA trial designed to assess the safety and tolerability of
    its compound Coramsine™ as a topical treatment for Psoriasis.
    Solbec is pleased to announce that the trial has shown that Coramsine™ 0.01% cream can be
    used on psoriasis patients safely and was well tolerated.
    The trial showed varied effective activity with Coramsine 0.01% cream amongst the trial
    patients however, in its present formulation, the cream was not assessed to be more effective
    than the control cream in relieving symptoms of psoriasis. Additional formulation work will
    be carried out to further enhance the composition of the Coramsine™ cream before
    committing to larger Phase II developments.
    The trial was designed as a safety and tolerability study and not designed to show sufficient
    statistical power to determine whether Coramsine™ 0.01% cream was more effective than the
    current standard treatment.
    Further details of the trials will be released when to hand, with the full report from CMAX
    being expected in about 6 weeks which will further detail the level of activity identified at this
    early stage.
    These preliminary results demonstrate the safety and tolerability of the current composition
    and have identified activity.

Background Information
    Solbec Pharmaceuticals
    Solbec Pharmaceuticals Ltd identifies naturally-occurring compounds with potential in the development of better
    therapies for debilitating conditions and life-threatening diseases. The company is currently progressing its key
    project, Coramsine™, through Phase I/IIA clinical trials for the treatment of advanced solid tumours, and as a
    topical treatment for psoriasis. Solbec's two proprietary ingredients in Coramsine™ were isolated from the fruit of
    a weed known as the Devil’s Apple (Solanum linnaeanum). They show activity against some cancers and cause
    potentially therapeutic changes to the immune system. In addition to human health, Coramsine™ has potential
    application in the areas of animal health and diagnostics. Solbec’s business strategy is to partner or out-license
    Coramsine™ for the final stages of pre-commercial development and marketing.
    www.solbec.com.au

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.