SBP solbec pharmaceuticals limited

re: bbaattmmaann sunday reading skint, I've been following...

1. 2 Posts.
    re: bbaattmmaann sunday reading skint,
    I've been following solbec for some time. With the results of the trial so far there are still plenty of unanswered questions.

Only 1 NSCLC in the trial.

Only 2 Mesothelioma in the trial

Only 4 Melanoma

3 Renal Carcinomas

So while the *1* NSCLC patient responded what can we extrapolate from this? 100% response? The one lucky one out of a thousand?

While 3 patients out of 19 "have shown evidence of benefit with reduction in size of tumours" we don't have enough information to extrapolate.

Solbec had been touting that coramsine was looking to be fairly free from side-effects. When I see "dose limiting toxicity in cycle 8" in the report I want to know a bit more than was released in the report.
    What actually *happened* in that case. It wasn't clear from the report. Were the liver enzymes too high? Was there some other effect?

Hopefully the Pre-clinical mouse study that is due by June 2005 will offer some more information with regard to the possible immunity effect. And to the toxicity. More clarity is needed as to what dose is therapeutic. And what dose is toxic. Is there a good buffer between the two ?

And hopefully when the phase II trial is announced it will progress at a faster clip than the Phase 1 Cancer trial. The Phase I trial started in late 2003 and we didn't get any report until Feb 2005... Hmmm when do those options expire?

While I see potential in Coramsine I have lots of questions I would like answered. I can only imagine other people have similar questions. Which may be why Solbec has been in the doldrums. I think more information is required before this one will move.

I remain hopeful that the price will improve.
    Regards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.